Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday @ the Hospital

That's right yesterday's quick check up on my birthday turned in to a whole day at the hospital.
The original plan was check up, lunch with mom and sis, massage (really needed it), and birthday dinner party at my mom and dad's house.
Instead this is how the day went.....
Went to Dr. feeling very sick and tired and just a little off since Monday. When they measured me I was measuring a little small, and Dean's heart rate was a little slow. So the Dr. thought it best to hook me up to the monitor, after laying me down to get hooked up I felt my eyes roll back in my heat and my heart started beating faster and I felt dizzy. They got me on my side and elevated my feet. While on the monitor Dean's heart beat was much better but his movements where not getting picked up. Off to the hospital I was sent to be monitored.
Got checked in and monitored BABY IS GREAT!
It was me that was all screwed up. I had to be at the hospital for 10 hours... Did you know I could have stayed out of the hospital on my birthday if I would have just ate things like....






The blood work from the Dr. showed my potassium was low at 2.8. Blood work was redone 2 hours later at hospital and it had dropped to 2.2 (good rage 3-5)
It had dropped rapidly and I needed to take pills and be put on a potassium IV (4 of them actually). Now some of you might know this but lack of this mineral during pregnancy can make you dizzy, give you high blood pressure, and in rare cases cause pre-term labor. Also if you've ever had to have a potassium IV I'm so sorry.... because it makes your arm feel like it's on fire (I wanted to rip my own arm off) I needed 4 IV's each IV takes an hour.
After all the IV's and 8 pills... blood work came back 3.2 I got to go home at midnight! I'm happy to be home and now just watching my diet adding the foods above to keep me home until it is really time to have lil man.

5 comments:

Daisygirl said...

oh my gosh Angie! I am so glad to hear you are home and ok but that event must have been extremely scary! I am so jealous of those women that can be pregnant and have nothing go wrong at all or that they don't even experience morning sickness.
I hope that you are able to take it easy and can rest at home until the little guy comes out. Im thinking about you all.

Daisygirl said...

oh ya one more thing cute blog topper and new look!

Anonymous said...

Okay you will the "crappy birthday prize!" I am glad you and little brother are home safe and sound. PS REALLY cute header!!

Anonymous said...

I ment to type you WIN the "crappy birthday prize"...not; you WILL the "crappy birthday prize." Typing skills is not the only thing you loose after having 3 children! I can't even remember all the things I used to be able to do before #3 came along...good luck to you.

stacy said...

oh my GOSH! you make me nervous...EAT SOME DANG BANANAS!!
happy birthday though.