When you think of your first kiss....... Do you think of someone? some place? or some feeling?Today my beautiful daughter came home from 1st grade wearing a Harlem Glob trotters wrist band. After I inquired as to where it came from, this was the conversation that ensued...........
Shea: "Kegan gave it to me" (with her shea-a-tude the way only she gives it)
Me: "really? is Kegan a boy?" (teasing her the way only I can)
Shea: "Yes mom! he loves me you know?"
Me: "Well you better not tell your dad that"
Shea: "and........ he tried to kiss me!" (this was said in the middle of nervous giggles)
Me: "Oh thats bad, you are waaaaaaaay to young to be kissing a boy"
Shea: "GEEZ mom! I know I told him I can't kiss him til' I'm 30"
Well at least I've taught her well right?
Now I'm sitting here thinking about 1st kisses it makes me a little sentimental. My first kiss was in 6th grade with a boy names Travis at eco-week. It was a sweet kiss.... but I was not smart enough to wait til I was 30 :)
Then I though of many more 1st kisses ranging from wonderful to down right gross. One kiss I remember with the most fondness was when I was 16. I kisses a boy (friend) who had "heard" I was a wonderful kisser and he had never been kissed. So like convert agents we left a party separately to rendezvous at my car. This boy was very sweet and so I leaned in to kiss him and there it was a spark! (not my 1st spark but a nice spark) It was a wonderful kiss, he said I was amazing and the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. Boy do I wish I could go back and tell that 16 year old me..... hold on to that moment because Monday morning at school your new nick name will be KISSY SLUT and that nickname will stick with you through high school.
Do you remember your 1st spark? Pucker up and tell me a wonderful story. :)
2 comments:
I can't believe they called you that just for kissing a boy! Life is so unfair. That is an adorable story about Shea. By the way, people keeping mentioning Adele's new album to me--I think I'll have to get it!
Kissing is a crime? That's quite funny that you gained a rep for kissing! The first guy I kissed took it upon himself to teach me cause I wasn't very good at it--according to him. Then he congratulated himself because he was such a good teacher.
I love Shea's attitude--that little girl is going to have the boys falling all over her. Good luck with keeping them at bay!
Post a Comment