Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Updates!

Here's my work update for those of you who have asked when are you done? Are you going back? Etc?
So, the last few weeks I've been feeling much better unless I work a double then my legs scream at me when I finally sit down. I've been picking up more and more shifts knowing that the day is going to come where baby says "no more mom!" So until then I'm working a ton to put money away so I can stay home and really bond with the lil' fella.

As far as going back I will need to go back to work a month or so after the baby but the hope is it will only be one or two shifts a week for a while... the other change will come is that I'll work nights again instead of days so that the little man always has mommy or daddy. I have never worked with a new baby so I am mostly feeling guilty but really in this economy I'm happy to have a job where they are excited to have me come back.
I've worked 18 hours in 3 days this week! (I know right your mouth hit the floor?!) As many of you know serving tables is a long time on your feet, lifting trays full of food, filling huge buckets of ice, and never stopping to take a breath. I'm feeling good and hope to take my break in April to nest and rest!
Another update I am off my one true love that never lets me down and always is welcome to touch my lips with it's icy cold goodness... Yes I am off Dr. Pepper... (oh, better pick your jaw off the floor again). I was down to one a day and still felt like the baby way overly active so my choice was to cut sweets and the yummy goodness in the beautiful maroon can. The sweets where easy! The soda was harder but I made it though.... (Dear Dr. Pepper I will see you again my lovely in about 90 days. I'm sorry if you are feeling lonely in the store but know that my love for you is forever and I will hold you to my lips once again.)
It made a big difference and the baby... still active, he does not keep my tummy churning. He's still there (and lets me know it when he kicks the breath out of me) but a much calmer "there".

1 comment:

Daisygirl said...

holy crap Ang Im exhausted just reading that and Im not preggos! I hope your able to really relax some on your days off. Are you at least getting some good tips!???