Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sickness

Well the time has arrived in Colorado where Sunday way 50 and rainy Monday was 75 and sunny today is 40's and raining and by Friday they say 80's. How is a body to adjust to this?
Well apparently it isn't because I am laying around eating soup falling asleep by the TV at 9pm (I don't fall asleep with any noises like EVER) and shluping kids off to school in my slippers. I was handling this ok until this morning when I dragged myself out of bed and down to wake the kids....
"Ava, it's time to get up for school"
"mommy it's still night time" (like I said 40's and rainy so no sun in the sky)
"No babe it's just really cruddy outside so we need to dress warm"
"Mom, my neck hurts it feels like glunk glunk on the inside" (this is all said in a nasal horse voice)
"oh, babe you are sick you need to stay home"
"ok,................."
I look down at her and she is already snoring and out!
After I get Shea off to school I lay back down hoping to get 2 mins of rest before Dean gets up, and here comes Ava in my room. No extra sleep for me :(
Well as the day went on and we sat around watching UP and Tinkerbell and Shrek the Third, I told Ava she needed to nap.
"Mom you said I don't have to nap on days I don't have school"
DARN IT WHY DO KIDS REMEMBER EVERYTHING!!!!!!????????
Yes I said this but I meant it as on the weekends she didn't need to nap because she isn't getting up at 7 am for school. DARN darn triple darn. However it is what I said so now we are watching Princess and the Frog and I'm thinking why do mom's get sick????????
AND hoping that on Shea's walk home she doesn't get her feet wet........oh let me save myself I'm going to go pick her up! (yea that's a good idea). T minus 6 hours until night-quil and my pillow (oooo that's another great idea, GO ME!)

2 comments:

Daisygirl said...

ugh ugh ugh!!! Sickness just sucks!!! Reece was sick Sunday and it blew...and everywhere!

Hope you guys feel better soon!

Trisha LeBaron said...

xoxo, if that helps--back at ya!