Monday, January 5, 2009

Lots of stuff...

Yes I know it has been since Christmas that I posted and that one was even quick. Since Christmas Eve we have been going like crazy... all our family making up for the lost 7 years we wern't around I guess. We had a wonderful Christmas and New years. After christmas is Kevin's birthday then new years we have just now stopped to catch our breath.
Ok so girls are great and love me working so much cause they love all the babysitters.. (grandmas, aunts and great grandma). I worked a ton over the holidays and so did Kevin.

Lil' baby boy is good and active on the jungle gym we call mommy's tum tum.

I had a little scare at the beginning of Dec. After work one day I felt like I was having a heart attack so I went to the ER with Kevin and they had stock my heart by shocking it with so very painful medication... (I never thought I'd feel my own heart stop!) I was diagnosed with SVT (Supra ventricular Tachycardia) When I got to the hospital my heart was beating at 217 bpm.
I can control it with daily medication however it's not great for the baby so we are waiting til after Dean joins our family. The other bummer is maybe a pacemaker at age 35???
For those of you who I played volleyball with you may have remembered me complaining of chest pain a couple times.. That's what it was an SVT attack.

So there is an update on the family... we are all doing great and hope all of you enjoyed this season of love and giving.

4 comments:

Daisygirl said...

Sounds like you all have been busy busy busy! I hope your taking some time to relax too!
I had tachycardia when I was pregnant with Bella...my cardiologist actually said something that I thought was so stupid...He said its because your pregnant with a girl...but weird thing is right after Bella was born it went mostly away. My heartrate still runs faster than the average person but I had an ultrasound done and all was good and my blood pressure is fine.
My Mom on the other hand has what you are diagonosed with Ang, she fortunatly does not have a pacemaker they just had to stop her heart and shock it back to a normal beat. She is doing much better but I know she still takes meds and takes it easier.
I hope that you are able to take it easy and not stress so much, but I know that its almost impossible when you have kids, a husband, a home to take care off and a job.
Did your ob doc say anything about having you on a home monitor system to monitor your heartrate?

renhallows said...

WOW...I have been thinking about you lately. That's crazy about your heart.
You are in our prayers! Keep me posted lady.
Take care!

stacy said...

yikes! angie i'm so sorry that is so scary. i had something similar when i was pregnant with tatum and had to wear a heart monitor for a month and i passed out frequently. that stuff is so scary. take care of yourself!

Addie Gaylord said...

holy cow, that is nuts!! good thing you found out what it going on and hopefully things can get back to normal soon for you and your soon to be little boy.