Friday, May 15, 2009

Here's the Deal...

I have a heart condition called SVT. It has something to do with the electric setup of my heart. They had to cardio-vert (stop my heart) me when I was 13 weeks pregnant. Since then they have kept a close eye on me and lil man.
When my contraction started at 35 weeks they couldn't do anything to stop the contractions (or I might have a SVT attack and have to be cardio-verted again) but, they have been giving me pain relievers to give me lots of drugged induced sleep.

After a recent Ultrasound of the baby they decided to push my due date to June 1st. Another concern they are facing is I had my girls at 36 weeks and they weighed 5lbs 12oz. Yes small but I still had a very hard time getting them out (tearing ect).

Now that we have the contractions under control, and I'm so close to 38 weeks... they are finally going to induce me on Thursday (HALLELUJAH)!

They are hoping we have not waited too long and my tiny frame will be able to deliver him naturally.
Right now the guess is he's six and a half pounds (hope he wont split me in two)

There's the update... I'll post again when he's here with pics of his lil face. (yeah!)

3 comments:

stacy said...

all of those sizes would have DROPPED out of me! isn't it funny how everyones bodies do different things. i'm glad you are having that baby and hope it all goes well. :)

Melissa Davis said...

Good luck girl! Can't wait to see the little guy. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Daisygirl said...

yah!!! Thursday is getting close...I wonder though if the anxiety of waiting until then will put you into major labor anyway. That is what happened to me with Bella!
Youre almost there and I can't wait to see pictures of your lil Dean!