Sunday, May 24, 2009

Worth the work... He's here

Dean Cooper Ryan
born May 21, 2009
@ 10:07pm
6 pounds 11 ounces
19 inches long
So he came into this world his own way! On Thursday we went to the hospital to be induced they did an ultrasound and he was head down ready to come. So they started the induction about 8 hours in I was having contractions every minute they came in to check and thought he had his hand on top of his head (for worry that he would dislocate his shoulder during delivery they called in the obstetrician) The Dr. did another ultrasound.... it was not his head and hand... it was his feet, he flipped during labor. The boy was breach! They stopped the labor drugs cause we were headed to the O.R. in about 2 hours to have him c-section. About a half hour later my water broke, and then I was having contractions 30 seconds apart.... RUSH to c-section. He came at 10:07pm with his corn wrapped around his neck 3 times. After unravelling him from his cord we got to hold our baby boy for a minute.


He sure is cute and sure was worth it. It was a blessing he flipped himself cause we might have lost him with his cord wrapped around his neck. Thank our Heavenly Father for us tonight he's here safe and sound and healthy!

For those of you who have had a c-section I'm sorry I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! I can't get myself up stairs or lift my baby up he always has to be handed to me. I hope to feel better soon, but no driving for 2 weeks and not much else for 8 weeks.

8 comments:

Addie Gaylord said...

oh angie congrats!!! he is beautiful with all that dark hair. i hope you feel better soon, i havn't had a c section but i have heard they are awful. get lots of rest and once again congrats he is adorable.

Jennifer Gregston said...

He is gorgeous!!! I love the hair. So glad mommy and baby are doing well :-)

Daisygirl said...

Yeah, congratulations he is beautiful!!! You look so good for just having a c section! Actually yes in ways the c section sucks but I thought of it this way...you can pee normal!!!
Take it easy and try not to over do it...I did and ended up having a part not heal as quickly! But seriously I can't even see the scar!
I am so happy for all of you enjoy that handsome baby!

stacy said...

i'm cracking up over "i can pee normal" hahahaha! i pee normal too i just do it in my pants sometimes?????? i'm not suer if that's what she meant but that is hilarious.

YEAH HE'S HERE! if feel so much better now. i mean you must feel so much better. i was worried about all of that weird stuff you had going on.

i'm sorry that things didn't work out how you expected, i know that that can be a little disappointing but he's here and he is AMAZING. i am so in love with that little thumb in his mouth in that first picture...so sweet!

be easy on yourself and don't do too much. i know it's asking ALOT when you have three kids to take care of. but you moved back to colorado to be with family and i'm sure they are all there dying to take care of things for you guys and love on your kids for you. don't over do it!

you look beautiful. boys are great and now that i've seen these pics i am soo getting pregnant and i better get another boy...hahahaha!

Daisygirl said...

Ok I am totally cracking up over Stacy's comment...what I should have clarified a little more was that there is no episitomy or weirdness down below...ya know! When I had my first baby I had a big episitomy...no fun...and I didn't want to pee but with my c section baby it was a nice relief in a way that I didn't have to squirt with that water bottle thingy! hahaha!

Jessica said...

He is so darling Angie! Congratulations - i hope your recovery goes smoothly - some people just bounce right back (so I've heard) from c-sections. Just like everyone else has said - take it easy on yourself! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Dean, what a way to come into the world! Angie I hope you have a fast recovery...c-section is the only form of delivery I know and I hear ya sista...LOL

renhallows said...

I am so happy that he is safely here. I hear you lady....c-sections are a royal stink bomb!!! I had one with Carter and I can't even tell you (actually you know) how sucky they really are! Never again!
Glad to hear that your doing well also..man it takes a toll on the momma!
ps...he is a beauty!