Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rested?

After returning home from a 3.5 day vacation I have realized that feeling rested is not in my future. While visiting my sister I woke up feeling good went to bed late woke up early and yet was energised all day.I never felt tired or like I was running on fumes.
Then returning home I hit a big brick wall.
So why is it as a mom we never really get rest? It's the norm to see mom's walking around a little droopy eyed and to hear them respond to a question "hu?"
Then I sat here and wrote down my daily adventures and WOW no wonder I'm so tired!!!!!

I wake up at 7 to pack lunch get 3 kids dressed and backpacks loaded. Plus, I have myself to get ready. (cuz you don't want to be that mom in pj's with bedhead). Come home make beds and clean kitchen all before 9. Oh I should blog and Dean will need a nap but you MUST fit it in before you have to pick Ava up at 12. Lunch must be healthy and filling or you'll hear every hour til dinner "can I have a snack?". Then Ava needs a nap (Dean on his second one) wake them up before you need to pick Shea up at 3.
"Mom, mom, mom we need a snack and can we play wii?"
"hu?"
OH DAGNABIT!!! I didn't go to the store for dinner fixins'. "OK everyone in the car".
Anyone else just love taking three kids to the store?
Get home, cook, dinner on table by 6 because there's still homework, bath, and pj's. Plus I'll be doing this all alone while Kevin works on one thing or another in the garage. Ok it's 830 and I must clean up dinner because one, it has to be done at some point and two if you are anything like me you can't sit in a messy house. Ok 10..... Why am I wide awake now? What the heck, shouldn't I be beat right now? (this is my first energy all day)
Finally, midnight rolls around and I can finally sleep.
Oh, Shidooby....IT ALL STARTS AGAIN TOMORROW!!!!!
I'll never be rested again will I?
"hu?"

1 comment:

Trisha LeBaron said...

You never feel rested because your day is filled with "have to's". Ideally you need to sprinkle in some "what to's" but mom's don't live ideal lives.