Thursday, September 23, 2010

St. George UT

Now that we have kind of settled into our routine again I can look back on our wonderful trip to St. George and tell you all about it.
The drive there took a lil extra time because the DVD player broke and it had to be replaced by stopping off at Target. Plus we had to stop in Beaver and get "squeaky cheese" (so worth it).
After arriving at my sissy's house we were welcomed by very excited kids that instantly began their favorite games.
Knowing in advanced that the next day would be filled with lots of cooking (my sister had to cater for a wedding) I tried very hard to sleep. But if you love a sibling as much as I love mine it was like a 5 year old trying to sleep the night before Disneyland.
Woke up and when I mean alot of cooking.....wow........I chopped peppers and zucchinis from about 830-2. Plus there was stirring and making bread and flavored oil for that bread. Then sis ran off and we were left in charge of getting Chaser to football practise... 100 times I asked him do you have everything you need? 100 replies yes! So Hubman and I load 6 kids in the car and head off to practise about 20 minutes away, park, and Chaser says "Uncle Kevin wheres my helmet?"......Yup 100 time was not nearly enough times to ask do you have everything?

The next few days where filling with movies in the AMAZING theater room, swimming, and game play. Ava and Aislynn spent 98% of the time joined at the hip while in full dress up mode. Shea played lots of PS2, chased the big boys, and kitties all around and Dean soaked up all the attention of big boy cousins and his lovey auntie.

Before I wrap up my story I have to tell you about his very cool place we went for date night. Anasazi Stake house.... You order your steak or shrimp or scallops and they bring them to you raw on a hot stone (700 degrees hot) and you cook it on your plate on this hot stone!!!! It was amazing and really tasty. But you know when men get together their mental age becomes 14. So of course my hubman and Trishy's hubman where melting icecubes on it and seeing how hot their forks would get and keeping their mashed potatoes hot. Silly Boys!
All in all a great new experience.

NOW FOR THE GREAT PICTURES............

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow created with Smilebox

2 comments:

renhallows said...

super super super jealous! wish we could meet there sometime!

Trisha LeBaron said...

I need to get a better attitude. My house sounds awesome!! Wish I lived there--oops, wait, I DO live there. Everyone knows it's not nearly as much fun without you guys. We LOVED having you. Can you come for our big Halloween Bash? I know it'd be more awesomer with you.